Several generous donors are matching gifts up to a total of $100K!
A message from our
Thank you for coming to our fundraiser! We wish we could be with you in person, but are so grateful you are here. Due to the unpredictability of the last 16 months, our programming looked different than it ever has before, but our mission at The Funhouse has never stopped. Thanks to your incredible generosity we were still able to provide critical opportunities for Orcas Island families.
Here are some highlights from the last year:
- Supporting students with their online schooling and social/emotional development in the fall of 2020.
- Launching a Latinx Mentor Program with an aim to create bilingual youth empowerment peer mentorship that builds pathways for high schoolers to mentor middle schoolers.
- In April, bringing back our Playgroup for 0-5 year olds and their caregivers- we have had over 100 participants in the last 4 months!
- In the spring, beginning Stepping Up, an outdoor- based program for students in grades K-8, focused on leadership skill development, discussions with an emphasis on critical thinking and listening, exploring different locations in Eastsound, playing games, doing fun activities such as nature scavenger hunts, and so much more!
- Facilitating multiple sessions of Guiding Good Choices in both Spanish and English, where we helped families learn to build communication skills, practice family bonding techniques, and guide their children to make good choices when faced with challenging situations.
- Producing a fun gingerbread house contest where we were blown away by our local creativity and talent!
- Collaborating with generous individuals and foundations to administer 4 college scholarships to local graduating seniors including 2 full rides, one at $10,000 a year for 4 years, a $3,000 and a $1,000 scholarship.
All of that, and so much more, was possible because of your support. As we continue to head in the direction of fully reopening, local youth and their families are going to need our safe and supportive environment and programming more than ever. Please continue to give generously so we can meet the urgent needs of Orcas Island youth in our community!
Anyone who gives $25 or more will automatically be entered into the raffle drawing.
These virtual gift baskets are gift cards from local Orcas businesses.
We will contact the lucky winners after July 25th and mail gift cards at that time.
If you registered an account, please enter your details below to login. If this is your first time, proceed to the donation form.
We are a public 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization (EIN: 91-1806943). Your gift is tax-deductible according to IRS regulations.