Current Job Openings
Mentor Program Coordinator
Applications Due: 4/19/2021
This position requires a passion for youth development, excellent public relations and interpersonal skills. Applicants need strong organizational, communication, and computer skills. Occasional evening and weekend work required for meetings and special events.
- Bachelor’s degree or commensurate experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with youth in a professional environment.
- Excellent speaking and writing skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, GSuite, and ability to learn how to operate various data-tracking applications.
- Ability to safely lift and carry up to 50 lbs.
- Passionate about youth development and mentorship.
- Ability to work with individuals, groups, and a diverse range of community members.
JOB DUTIES AND KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate the development and operation of the Funhouse Mentor Program, overseeing adult volunteer mentors with youth in one-on-one relationships.
- Plan and oversee other small-group mentoring activities.
- Ensure program quality and performance related to recruiting, screening, matching, monitoring, and closing mentor match relationships.
- Ensure ongoing communication with mentor, parent/guardian, and child throughout the relationship.
- Oversee participant inquiry and orientation process to ensure excellent public relations within the community.
- Manage the planning and implementation of mentor/mentee group events and parties.
- Plan and implement recognition activities for program participants.
- Implement program evaluation activities, such as pre/post surveys and interviews.
- Manage implementation and evaluation of annual program goals.
- Maintain record-keeping and reporting for all Mentor Program activities.
- Prepare documentation and reports as needed.
- Attend meetings & trainings as deemed necessary for the role.
- Update the policy and procedure manual as needed.
Send a resume, cover letter, and two professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org
The application deadline is Monday, April 19th.
Summer Day Camp Staff
Pay rate: $16/hr starting wage
Funhouse Commons is looking for passionate, dependable people that love using creativity, imagination, and play while working with youth this summer.
The Funhouse Summer Day Camp program is a mix of structured and unstructured time for children in a safe, nurturing environment – that you help create! Staff will conduct activities and games that go along with the weekly camp themes. Options of half and full days of work available Monday-Thursday. Potential carry-over into fall employment. Starting wage is $16/hour. If you are interested in applying or learning more, please email Liz Doane: email@example.com.